There’s plenty of books out there that are about parenting, but none comes close to giving such great ideas of being a good father like
It’s written with the on-the-go Dad in mind: Short chapters! Each chapter is brief with a “takeaway” at the end. If you only have to open and read the takeaway, that’s enough!
We love statistics and here are few from chapter 1 of the book:
“Statistically, what happens when dads aren’t around?
- 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home.
- Children who live apart from their fathers are 4.3 times more likely to smoke cigarettes as a teenager than children growing up with fathers in the home.
- Fatherless boys and girls are twice as likely to drop out of high school; twice as likely to end up in jail; four times more likely need help for emotional or behavioral problems.
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical-abuse centers come from fatherless homes.
- 3 out of 4 teenage suicides occur in households where a parent has been absent.”**
The list continues. It then, of course, goes on to give suggestions to us dads on how to be involved in the rearing of your children. Great ideas that can help with having fun, discipline, life lessons, having hope, accepting mistakes, etc.
Here is a screenshot of a few of the Chapters that are in 52 things kids need from their dad:
You can see that each chapter is no longer than 4 pages long. It’s perfect for the bathroom read. Short stories and ideas that you can open to any page and randomly be inspired.
Takeaway: READ THE BOOK! In fact, read ANY book on parenting or being a better father. There’s something for everyone.
Have you read any of these books? Let me know your thoughts below in COMMENTS
**taken from chapter 1 and statistic sources are listed in the book.